Forney Industries has prepared a business continuity plan as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. As the impact continues to spread across the globe, we want you to know that we are prepared.
As we face the growing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we at Forney want you to know that the health and wellbeing of our employees and our customers is our top priority. Forney Industries has been deemed an essential business, as we support various hardware, automotive aftermarket and farm & ranch stores that are still operating during these challenging times. While we have seen many challenges in our 88-years, we remain committed to serving our distribution partners and working with you as we move through the future together.
Workplace cleanliness, appropriate PPE and new standards in social distancing are being used to continue operations. Many of our employees are working from home providing the same service and support you expect.
Our service of key distribution channels such as hardware, farm, automotive and industrial remains open to support the manufacture, distribution, and supply chain for critical products and industries supplying essential businesses and operations. We are here to help you, your staff and your customers!
We are monitoring the situation closely and will keep you informed of any change in expectations regarding customer impact.
Online Ordering Capabilities
We would like to remind our dealer customers that they have the option to order online at forneyind.com if they have signed up for online ordering. Forney offers free shipping for dealer customers on online orders over $200 within the continental U.S. Check out this page for details on ways to order on forneyind.com. To sign up for online ordering, contact our customer service team. If you have questions about online ordering, check out our support page.
Employee Safety & Support
Forney Industries has been deemed an essential business during this time of uncertainty to ensure that customers in the automotive and hardware industries are able to supply end-users with critical tools and materials. We have a special responsibility to maintain our normal work schedule. To ensure our employees' safety, we have taken the following measures along with CDC guidelines and are monitoring the situation continually in order to quickly adapt as needed.
- All employees who are able to perform their duties from their homes have been provided the necessary equipment and materials to do so.
- Our warehouse processes have adapted to ensure appropriate distancing and increased sanitation procedures.
- All facilities with non-remote workers have the right to send home potentially ill employees until they can be tested.
- All facilities with non-remote workers have the right to check temperatures of employees at the entrance of a building.
- All facilities are refusing outside visitors during this time.
- Any employee who tests positive for COVID-19 may be eligible for Families First Coronavirus Response Act, paid sick leave and short term disability pay to prevent lost wages.
- The majority of employees already have health coverage and paid time off options available to them.
Extra Safety Precautions
Warehouse employees wear face masks at all times and remain 6’ apart when possible. We have increased our cleaning protocols with our internal employees as well as our cleaning crew. For an extra measure of precaution, Electrostatic Spraying is performed in our warehouse to ensure all surfaces are disinfected.