INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Forney may collect information about you from various sources. Specifically, we may obtain information about you on www.forneyind.com (the “Site”) (e.g., when you request information on the Site or submit content to the Site); when you call us, email us, communicate with us through social media; and from our affiliates or subsidiaries, service providers, business partners, and other third parties. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact details (e.g., name, postal address, email address, and telephone number);
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Site;
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address);
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number);
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender);
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs;
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our websites; and
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, when you visit the Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about visitor traffic on our Site. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type);
- URLs that refer visitors to our Site;
- Dates and times of visits to our Site;
- Information on actions taken on our Site (such as page views and website navigation patterns);
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Site; and
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Site.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register you for membership at the Site, and manage and maintain your account on our Site;
- Provide products or services you request;
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone);
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make on our Site;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media;
- Publish your testimonials about Forney, including on our websites and blogs, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only [your first name, last initial, city and state]);
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions;
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Site and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our Site;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to Forney’s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain Forney offerings or Site features.
Here are the choices we offer:
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our Site by our web analytics vendor by clicking here and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our Site.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Sites’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information using the online account you may establish on our Site.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
LINKED WEBSITES AND SOCIAL NETWORKS
Our Site may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. Forney does not control linked websites, and we do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites. Linked sites may have their own privacy policies, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with Forney, any use of those websites, or those websites’ privacy practices.
We may also provide social media features on our Site that enable you to share Forney information with your social networks and to interact with Forney on various social media websites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media websites with which you interact to help you understand those websites’ privacy practices.
Forney does not direct its Site to children under the age of 13. If we learn that a user of the Site is under 13 years old, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Forney Industries, Inc.
Attn: [specify business function]
1830 Laporte Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80521