E71T-GS Self, Steel Flux-Core Welding Wire, .030 in x 2 Pound
This E71T-GS Self Shielded flux-core welding wire for mild steel is ideal for all-position welding, and best suited for single pass applications with high travel speed. No shielding gas required.
- No shielding gas required
- Recommended polarity: DCEN straight
- Weight: 2 lbs. (.907 kg)
- Diameter (Inches): .030 in
- Tensile Strength (PSI): 79,000
- E71T-GS (Pink) code
- This all-position flux-core wire is self-shielded, making it ideal for outdoor applications or rusty, dirty and painted material.
MODERATE TO LOW SPATTER
- This wire produces moderate to low spatter. Using an Argon/CO2 mix or anti-spatter spray will reduce remaining spatter.
- Forney's E71T-GS Self Shielded wire runs hotter than solid wires, allowing for more penetration with a smaller amperage machines.
EXCELLENT FOR OUTDOOR USE
- This wire self shields, making it ideal for outdoor welding. Solid wires that require shielding gas have a higher chance of the shielding gas blowing away, ultimately resulting in porosity.