E71T-GS Self, Steel Flux-Core Welding Wire, .035 in x 2 Pound
This E71T-GS Self flux-core welding wire for mild steel is ideal for all-position welding, and best suited for single pass applications with high travel speed. Pink color coding on label. No shielding gas required.
- No shielding gas required
- Recommended polarity: DCEN straight
- Weight: 2 lbs. (.907 kg)
- Diameter (Inches): .035 in
- Tensile Strength (PSI): 79,000
- This all-position flux-core wire is self-shielded, making it ideal for work on rusty, dirty and painted material.
MODERATE TO LOW SPATTER
- This wire produces moderate to low spatter. Using an Argon/CO2 mix will reduce spatter.
- Forney's E71T-GS Self wire runs hotter than solid wires. This makes it best suited for single pass applications with high travel speed.
EXCELLENT FOR OUTDOOR USE
- Because this wire does not require shielding gas, it is ideal for outdoor welding. Wires that do require gas run the risk of wind blowing the gas away, ultimately resulting in porosity.