ER70S-6, MIG Welding Wire, Mild Steel, .024 in Diameter x 10 Pound Spool
ER70S-6 mild steel MIG welding wire is a high strength mild steel MIG wire. Ideal for auto body repair and fabrication on most ferrous metals. Contains a high level of manganese and silicon for a superior weld, even on rusty, dirty steel. Produces a smooth bead which requires less grinding. Not recommended for aluminum engines. Yellow color coding on label.
- Required Shielding Gas: Argon/CO2
- Recommended Polarity: DCEP Reverse Polarity
- Weight: 10 lbs. (4.54 Kg)
- Diameter (Inches): .024 in
- Tensile Strength (PSI): 70,000
- All position copper coated welding wire containing a high level of manganese and silicon to produce welds on dirty or rusty steel.
- High silicon content provides fluidity of the weld puddle providing smoother bead appearance and minimizing post weld grinding.
- This wire is ideal for autobody repair and fabrication on most ferrous metals in addition to butt and fillet welding of carbon steel sheet and plate in industrial, farm, construction and automotive equipment applications.