EST CI, Contaminated Cast Iron Electrode, 1/8 in x 1 Pound
Nomacast non-machinable cast iron specialty welding electrodes feature a non-conductive coating that is specially developed for welding dirty, heat-affected and oxidized cast iron. Ideally suited to cladding contaminated casting prior to joining with high nickel alloys. Non-machinable. Typical applications include machine bases, pedestals, frames and housings where heat and machinability are not an important factor.
- Hardness: Rockwell C39, Brinell 380
- Recommended Polarity: DC Reverse (+), AC
- Diameter: 1/8"
- Length: 14"
- Weight Lbs. (Kg): 1 (.453)
- Tensile Strength: 62,000 PSI (440 MPa)
- Yield Strength: 50,000 PSI (360 MPa)
- Amperage: 70-125
- Easily clads heat oxidized and oil impregnated castings
- Flat, vertical up, horizontal, vertical down and overhead
- Use a stringer or moderate weave technique. When cladding, cover the entire base surface prior to finish welding.
- 30 Days: Product: Free of defects in material and workmanship that may occur under normal use and care.