Forney 180 ST Plus Stick TIG Welder
The Forney 180 ST+ Stick/TIG Welder is a versatile machine that features pulse welding to enable welding on thin materials and out of position. It’s portable, easy to use, AC generator-friendly, and features innovative inverter technology – making this one of the most efficient machines in the market. This powerful, dual-voltage stick/TIG welder also allows you to work wherever 120V and 240V power is available. Ideal for many applications including do-it-yourself (DIY) projects, farm & ranch, maintenance and repair, and light industrial work.
Why pulse weld? Pulse welding alternates between the set output amperage and a reduced amperage. This allows the weld puddle to cool and solidify during each low amp cycle. Benefits of pulse welding include being able to out of position weld, welding thin material, and more visually appealing results.
- Stick Welding (SMAW/SMAW-P)
- TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P) – Requires a TIG torch with a gas valve in the handle (sold separately)
FOR USE ON
- Mild Steel | Sheet Metal
- Stainless Steel
- Lift Arc TIG capable. Requires TIG Torch (Forney ITEM# 85659).
- Output Power: 80A/180A
- Input Voltage: 120V/240V
- Electrode Diameter: Up to 5/32”
- Plate Thickness: Up to 3/8”
- Duty Cycle (Stick): 120V: 30% @ 80A | 240V: 25% @ 180A
- Duty Cycle (TIG): 120V: 30% @ 80A | 240V: 25% @ 180A
- Amperage Range (TIG): 120V: 10A-80A | 240V: 10A-180A
- Amperage Range (Stick): 120V: 10A-80A | 240V: 10A-180A
- Phase: Single
- Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Certification: CSA listed
- Connection Gas Need: 100% Argon
- Not recommended for aluminum welding
- Warranty: 3-year (power source)
- Dual-Voltage: Provides the operator flexibility for where their machine can be used.
- Built Tough: Constructed with an all-metal case, built tough to take on the day to day.
- Pulse Welding: Enables welding on thin materials and out of position.
- Simple and Easy to Use Controls: Saves time and energy setting up each weld.
- Forney 180 ST+ Stick/TIG Welder
- 6ft power cable
- 8ft stick electrode holder
- 8ft ground cable and clamp
- 120V-240V adapter cord
UNIT DIMENSIONS (OUT OF THE BOX)
- Unit Weight: 11.9 lbs. (5,4 Kg)
- Unit Dimensions: 10.75” (273 mm) x 6.25” (159 mm) x 15” (380 mm)
RECOMMENDED FORNEY ACCESSORIES AND CONSUMABLES
- ITEM# 85659 - Air Cooled, 150A 17FV Series (Flex and Valve) TIG Torch, 12.5ft with Dinse Adapter
- ITEM# 55865 - Forney 90th Anniversary ADF Welding Helmet
- ITEM# 70600 - Chipping Hammer, Spring Handle
Forney Industries green color is a federally registered trademark and cannot be reproduced unless authorized by Forney Industries.
- Product: Free of defects in material and workmanship that may occur under normal use and care.
- Welder and Plasma Machines: MIG guns and plasma torches.
- Forney Transformer Based Machines: All internal electrical components that cannot be accessed without removing the cover. The transformer and rectifiers are covered by the 5-year warranty.
- Forney Inverter Based Machines: All internal electrical components that cannot be accessed without removing the cover.
- Forney Transformer Based Machines: Transformers and rectifiers.
For more warranty information, visit:Forney Industries Warranty Information
Ratings & Reviews
Another great Forney welder
by Jeremy Hurtubise
This machine is awesome around my homestead the dual voltage is very convenient to be able to take it anywhere. From a small homestead to a larger farm or anything in between this machine will have you covered. It starts a arc easy and keeps it very stable. I have not yet used the tig process of it yet but I do plan on purchasing the tig torch and I’m sure it will do that process flawlessly also.
Awesome stick welder
by Devon D
Just got this to replace an everlast powerarc 300st that someone stole from my garage.
I love this thing. Welding 7018 and it's got great hot start, and if you stick a stick it shuts the current off which is amazing.
The pulsed mode makes overhead and vertical up less drippy and less likely to blow through.
Definitely a good purchase