E7018, Stick Electrode, 1/8 in x 5 Pound
E7018 mild steel low hydrogen welding electrodes easily produce quality results on smaller amperage DC or DCEN. Use for field erections, steel structures, frames, trailer hitches and chassis.
- OUT OF POSITION WELDING: This welding rod is suitable for all positions on hardenable steels where no preheat is used, and on cold rolled steels normally exhibiting excessive porosity when welded with conventional rod.
- LOW HYDROGEN: The low hydrogen content of these electrodes reduces cracking and peeling of the weld material.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: These electrodes are also ideal for tack welding, and for projects that involve difficult steels to weld (thick sections, restrained joints with cracking issues, etc.).
- Recommended polarity DCEP (reverse) or DCEN
- Diameter: 1/8 in (3.18 millimeters)
- Weight: 5 lbs. (2.26 kg)
- Tensile strength: 84,000 PSI
- Amperage: 100-140
- Not recommended for use with low open circuit-voltage OCV power sources
- 30 Days: Product: Free of defects in material and workmanship that may occur under normal use and care.