E Ni-CI, Cast Iron 99 Electrode, 1/8 in x 1/2 Pound
Super Ni-Cast 99% nickel special welding electrodes feature a non-conductive coating that is ideally suited for welding all grades of gray cast-iron - particularly thin sections and welds requiring the highest possible machinability. Typical applications include automotive engine blocks, transmission and pump housings.
- Hardness: Rockwell B 82-84, Brinell 155, Vickers 14
- Recommended Polarity: DC Reverse (+) or AC
- Diameter: 1/8"
- Length: 14"
- Weight Lbs. (Kg): .5 (.22)
- Tensile Strength: 55,000 PSI (380 MPa)
- Yield Strength: 38,000 PSI (270 MPa)
- Amperage: 70-90
- Flat, vertical up, vertical down, horizontal and overhead.
- Maintain a close arc gap and move rapidly in the direction of travel. Slag can be welded over without removal.